Terms and Conditions “HOME SWEET HOME” Photographic Competition
1. The Photo Freedom Photographic Competition 2020 is open to photographers who reside in South Africa.
2. Entries open on 1st September 2020 and close at midnight on 31st October 2020. Late entries will not be taken into consideration.
3. The theme for the competition is “Home Sweet Home” and only photographs matching the theme will be accepted for consideration and judging.
4. The image submitted must be the work of the photographer.
5. The competition has two categories
a) Images taken with a DSLR or Mirrorless Camera b) Images taken with a cell phone, compact camera, GoPro or drone.
6. Entries are limited to 2 entries per person, per category. The photo must have been taken within the period 1st April 2020 – 31st October 2020.
7. Entries must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. The email subject line must state what category you are entering:
HOME – DSLR/MIRRORLESS
HOME – OTHER
2. Email must include your name, surname and contact details.
3. Entries should be 3mb or smaller in size to be considered.
4. From all entries submitted our panel will select 20 images.
5. These 20 finalists (10 from each category) must then send us high resolution versions of their images, which will then be printed and exhibited.
8. The 20 finalists will be announced on the 6th November 2020 and the 2 winners will be announced on the 12th November 2020.
9. The prizes are as follows:
1. CANON EOS RP Camera with RF 24-105MM F4 L IS USM Lens : Mirrorless and DSLR category
2. CANON EOS M200 Camera with EFM 15-45MM Lens : Cell Phone, Compact Camera, Drone etc category
10. Winners shall use the prize at their own risk. Canon South Africa and its agents shall not be held liable for any loss, damage, personal injury or death that is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to that arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition or accepting or using this prize.
11. Any expense which may result from the possession of and or use of the prize is the sole responsibility of the winner.
12. The Organizers accept no responsibility for any problems or technical malfunction of any network or any late, lost or corrupted entries. Photo Freedom and their agents are not liable for any costs incurred, responses received or any consequences of user error.
13. The Organizer and its agents shall not be liable for any damage caused to prizes as a result of delivery or dispatch, nor shall they be responsible for any malfunctions or breakages of any prize, once delivery has been taken thereof. Photo Freedom shall further not be held responsible for any accident, injury, harm or loss due to the acceptance, possession, ownership or use of the prize without limitation and an indemnified from any claims that may arise from any participants or winners of this competition or their replacements.
14. By entering the competition, you agree to allow Photo Freedom and Canon to make use of your images for marketing purposes. Winners may be required to have their details and winning photograph used for marketing purposes as deemed appropriate by Photo Freedom.
15. The competition is open to all South African citizens who reside in South Africa except directors, members, partners, employees, agents, service providers and consultants of Photo Freedom as well as their spouses, life partners, immediate family members, business partners and associates (hereinafter referred to as “The Organizers”).
16. By entering the competition, you accept these terms and conditions.
17. All submitted photos must contain the original EXIF metadata information.
18. Should any of the winners be found not to have complied with these rules, he/she may be automatically disqualified.
19. The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into. Photo Freedom and its agents will not be held responsible for any disputes arising from the competition or prizes awarded. The prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash.
20. Photo Freedom and its agents reserve the right to cancel, modify or amend the competition at any time, if deemed necessary in its opinion and if circumstances out of their control should arise.
21. Should the winners not be able to collect the prize the cost of shipping will be at the winner’s expense.
22. Each Entry may not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any third person or entity, or violate any person’s rights of privacy or publicity
23. The entry does not contain any commercial content that promotes any product
24. Entries containing any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libellous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane content will not be eligible for entry.
The winner will be contacted telephonically. Three attempts will be undertaken to contact the winner, if these attempts are unsuccessful we will be compelled to pick a new winner. The subsequent winner will then fall into the same above criteria for the contact.
At the end of the competition all of the organisers’ obligations with regard to the competition as well as with regard to the prize will cease to exist.
The winner agrees to supply a valid identification document (SA ID or passport), proof of address, congratulatory post, and any other validation procedure determined by the Organisers, in order to claim the prize.